- Cover Art4.0
Personally Purchased Affiliate Link
**MILD SPOILERS** Click black text to reveal spoilers.
- This is a cute young adult romance – interesting throughout and page turning.
- Features an enemies to lovers trope.
- Hot and steamy, pg-13 action. Does contain LGBT and (safe) sex themes.
- Small cry and feels at the step-mother, step-daughter relationship that I really enjoyed.
- This story features real shit, real life drama between families and amongst them throughout that keeps things juicy and flowing.
**Trigger and Content Warnings**
This book discusses sensitive subjects that some readers may find triggering. Please take care of yourself. Triggers and content warnings in this story include, but are not limited to:
- Family issues
Read more about Trigger and Content Warnings.
In Depth ReviewOverall I really loved this story and listened to it in only a matter of days. It’s super cute, fun, and stays interesting throughout while developing the characters and their relationships to each other. A story of love under the stars against the odds.
I personally really vibed with this story because I could relate to a few of the themes, such as:
- Learning that you love camping, hiking, and the solitude and quiet of the outdoors
- Any mention of thru-hiking
- Planning and excessive amounts of calendars
- Star watching and astronomy
If I had to describe this book in two words: cute and enthralling.
- Narrated by Amy Melissa Bentley, who from my research mainly does audiobook narrations.
- Good pacing and telling of the story, I really enjoyed it.
- Done in an American accent.
- Amy does not overdo voicing of characters, but there is enough of a difference to be able to easily tell who is talking at any given time.
“For coffee? Real coffee? Not instant?”
“We’re camping, Zorie, not living in a dystopian nightmare.”
I enjoyed this book while listening to the playlist “Fantasy Book Reading Background” on Spotify by puddo.
Learn More About Starry Eyes
- Read an interview with the author by United By Pop.
- Read an interview with the author by Genie in a Book.
- Find my short review on Goodreads.
This page may contain affiliate links and if you make a purchase I will earn a small commission fee. I only endorse books, products, services, or content that I have used myself and wouldn’t hesitate to purchase again or recommend to a friend. If you purchase anything that I’ve used here, I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do! Read the full disclosure.