- Cover Art3.0
Personally Purchased Affiliate Link
- I wanted to love this book as much as the first, but it fell really flat just a few chapters in.
- Only mildly funny, I found a lot of the plot lines to be a bit depressing.
- The chapters switch off between the story being narrated from the perspectives of Dash and Lily.
- What the plot promised in the beginning felt like it never actually delivered.
In Depth Review
This is a sequel to the book “Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares”, which I truly loved. This book fell short of it’s predecessor. It was still a cute love story between Dash & Lily, again set during the holiday season, one year after the first book. However the cute and romantic feeling of the first story seemed to be replaced by solemn plot twists and a predictable ending.
If I had to describe this book in two words?: slow and predictable.
**NOTE: Same review of the audio book as the first in this series, since the narrators were the same, and I felt the same about their performance.
- There are two narrators, a female, Tara Sands (also voices for Pokémon) who reads the chapters in Lily’s voice, and a male, Ryan Gesell (also an actor) who reads the chapters in Dash’s voice. Both are American’s and narrate with an American accent.
- The book is not read too slowly, but at a good conversational pace.
- The narrators do an amazing job of bringing their characters to life, and also a terrific job of voicing the other characters in the story. I don’t care so much for Ryan’s impersonation of females, but I’m sure that’s a personal preference.
I enjoyed The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily while listening to the playlist “Wordless Winter” on Spotify by Kendra Joyner Adachi.
This page may contain affiliate links and if you make a purchase I will earn a small commission fee. I only endorse books, products, services, or content that I have used myself and wouldn’t hesitate to purchase again or recommend to a friend. If you purchase anything that I’ve used here, I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do! Read the full disclosure.