- Covered Subject4.5
- Cover Art4.0
Personally Purchased Affiliate Link
- Dives right into easy to digest information about why you may want to work with the Moon, each of the eight Moon phase, and other Moon facts.
- Describes how to manifest your goals using the New Moon with step by step instructions, including how the current zodiac sign and your personal House will affect the New Moon’s events.
- Describes how to release and be grateful with the Full Moon with step by step instructions, including how the current zodiac sign and your personal House will affect the Full Moon’s events.
- Gives lots of extra correspondences for working with the current New/Full/Daily Moon such as numerology, affirmations, mantras, essential oils, chakras, messages, do and don’ts, even a Universal Law, and much more.
- A large part of this book is filled with list style reference information, mostly the New and Full Moon correspondences to the 12 zodiac signs each, and the 12 Houses each.
- The book includes lots of “bonus” material such as information on eclipses, lunar nodes, void-of-course and out-of-bounds Moons, monthly Moon names, creating an astrology planner for yourself, general word correspondences for each zodiac sign and House, and references for the Quarter Moons (in addition to the New and Full Moon sections).
- Where the book does not delve deep, it does give at least introductory information on every topic and idea introduced, assuming that you are coming into the reading with no prior spiritual information. This makes this a great book for beginners, but it’s also a great book for any level Moon phase practitioner since it’s got such great reference sections.
In Depth Review
I love the idea of this book and how it teaches you to get in tune with natural rhythms, and of course the current Moon phases. I enjoyed the idea of manifesting a wish or goals with the New Moon, and seeing what you can build in the two weeks to the Full Moon. Then at the Full Moon the idea of forgiving, letting go, and being grateful for where you are and what you achieved in the first two weeks. This creates a beautiful cyclical way of living life, and with the added focuses of the zodiac signs and Houses, you get a complete and well rounded system for working on your life each month, throughout each year, with the Moon.
I also appreciate the way this book is formatted, with the sections laid out with easy to follow instructions and blocks of corresponding reference information. Yasmin has an easy to read tone and smooth writing style that makes learning natural and fast.
I own the paperback edition of this book, which feels like any run-of-the-mill paperback book honestly. It has a thin, soft-feel cardboard cover with a large Moon on the cover with a blue/grey/white galaxy background. The pages are off-white/beige and thin, however they hold up very well for highlighting and margin notes, with little-to-no bleed through.
I enjoyed Moonology while listening to the playlist “Harry Potter Study” on Spotify by Anna Oothuys.
Learn More About Moonology
- Listen to this podcast series, Weekly Astrology with Yasmin.
- Read an interview with the author by Transformation Goddess.
- Find my short review on Goodreads.
I am reading the book “Moon Power” by Simone Butler next, which I have skimmed through. It seems like it will be the perfect companion to Moonology with further information, rituals, etc. on each Moon in each of the 12 zodiac signs (a full chapter for each sign).
This page may contain affiliate links and if you make a purchase I will earn a small commission fee. I only endorse books, products, services, or content that I have used myself and wouldn’t hesitate to purchase again or recommend to a friend. If you purchase anything that I’ve used here, I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do! Read the full disclosure.