- Cover Art & Illustrations4.5
Personally Purchased Affiliate Link
- Main topic is grief and life after loss.
- Deeply emotional, honest, and heart-felt.
- Free verse poetry book in three parts with poems that relate to each other and tell a story.
- This is the second book in the series “things that h(a)unt”.
- Illustrations are beautiful and very fitting.
In Depth Review
Autumnal vibes poetry about grief, life after loss, family, and rebuilding a life. I found this short poetry book to be deeply emotional, I cried a couple times, laughed out loud, and felt my heart go along a journey of growth with the author.
The illustrations are also very beautiful, mellow, and fit the poetry well. I love the last illustration, especially in relation to the poem preceding it. Beautiful combination to end the book with.
I would highly recommend this for a coffee book read during the month of October, finishing up near Halloween. It’s just perfect for Fall.
I enjoyed To Drink Coffee with a Ghost while listening to the playlist “Acoustic Autumn” on Spotify by Barry McLoughlin.
This page may contain affiliate links and if you make a purchase I will earn a small commission fee. I only endorse books, products, services, or content that I have used myself and wouldn’t hesitate to purchase again or recommend to a friend. If you purchase anything that I’ve used here, I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do! Read the full disclosure.