- Cover Art4.5
Personally Purchased Affiliate Link
- Darkly inviting and introspective
- Great horror poetry book for the autumnal, spooky season
- Reading many of the poems left me thinking “Damn. Why’d you have to go there?”
- Enjoyed the poems in the first half much more than the second
In Depth Review
The poems leave you pausing to think about how they relate to the demons we all have inside us. I related to most of the poems, but a few fell flat for me towards the end. The poems do not necessarily relate to each other, but instead to a central theme of “the demons within”.
I really enjoyed this short book and will probably re-read it each Fall. It gives just the right amount of creeps.
Let them call you from the mirror
In the dark
Let them set you free
Then rip them apart”
I enjoyed Choking Back the Devil while listening to the playlist “moody instrumentals” on Spotify by mallorystaub.
Learn More About Choking Back the Devil
- Read an interview with the author with David E. Cowen.
- Find my short review on Goodreads.
This page may contain affiliate links and if you make a purchase I will earn a small commission fee. I only endorse books, products, services, or content that I have used myself and wouldn’t hesitate to purchase again or recommend to a friend. If you purchase anything that I’ve used here, I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do! Read the full disclosure.